02/25/2021 08:59 AM
Booby Trap
by Rudy Willingham & Murder Dice

Seattle native Rudy Willingham is a DJ and producer who's also made a splash in the global arts community as a designer, copywriter, street artist, photographer, and product designer who's collaborated with the Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Sounders, and some of the world's biggest brands. Originally coming up in the Seattle music scene as one-half of the rap duo Slow Dance, Rudy's solo debut full-length album titled Dunk Reactions quickly become a KEXP favorite, recently being hailed as the #10 album of the year in our listener-voted countdown of the best albums of 2019.
02/25/2021 08:56 AM
Juice
by Lizzo

Did you know you can download LIZZIEMOJIS? https://lizzo.lnk.to/LIZZIEMOJISWE%20
02/25/2021 08:52 AM
She Blinded Me With Science
by Thomas Dolby

Hello KEXP, Thanks for all that you are doing to keep us sane this past year - you are so appreciated. I am a high school physics teacher in Shoreline WA (and supporter/listener of your station). Every day when students enter my Zoom class, I have KEXP playing in the background. It's a really nice intro. :-) Could you please tomorrow (Thurs 2/25), play "She Blinded me with Science" by Thomas Dolby, at either 8:51AM, 11:16AM or 1:31PM (that's when class starts and the radio is on) and give a shout out to Mr. Bagley's amazing physics students? Anything to bring a smile to a teenager's faces these days - they need all the positive encouragement they can get...] Keep on dishing! Andrew Bagley Physics Teacher Shorewood HS
02/25/2021 08:48 AM
Parklife
by Blur

20 Things You Didn’t Know About Blur’s ‘Parklife’: https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/20-things-you-didnt-know-about-blurs-parklife-763275
02/25/2021 08:44 AM
Easy Way Out
by Roosevelt

The new album, Polydans, is out tomorrow! Find it here: https://iamroosevelt.bandcamp.com/album/polydans
02/25/2021 08:41 AM
Love Plus One
by Haircut One Hundred

How many hits can you name that feature marimbas?
02/25/2021 08:38 AM
Think Too Much
by Hannah Jadagu

Hannah Jadagu, an 18 year-old singer/songwriter from Mesquite, Texas. “‘Think Too Much’ is the only song that I’d written with the intent of putting it on an EP,” Jadagu says. “Sonically, I was challenging myself to make a song that was high energy, fun, and a ‘bop,’ as I like to call it. At the time, I remember listening to a lot of Dayglow, Jean Dawson, and Winnetka Bowling League, and thinking to myself, ‘These people are making such catchy and fun songs without even trying.’ Then I thought to myself, ‘You’re really thinking too much.’ I asked all my friends what they thought about ‘too much,’ compiled their responses, chose some fun chords and rhythms inspired by Snail Mail and Phoenix, and went to work.”
02/25/2021 08:35 AM
Bridge to Hawaii
by TacocaT

At 2665 miles from Seattle and assuming a 70mph speed limit, the bridge from Seattle to Hawaii would be a 38+ hour drive. A wistful song for all of us dreaming of travel. Here's Tacocat performing LIVE on KEXP in 2019: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD2jQhjGgVY
02/25/2021 08:32 AM
In The Morning
by Built to Spill

Pitchfork ranked There's Nothing Wrong with Love No. 24 on its Top 100 Albums of the 90s list.
02/25/2021 08:28 AM
Muscle'n Flo
by Menomena

Menomena performed live on KEXP from the Doug Fir Lounge during MusicfestNW back in 2012: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pjm9DLS5oY
02/25/2021 08:25 AM
Not Dead Yet
by Lord Huron

Lord Huron performed this song on Tuesday's Jimmy Kimmel Live. See it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BEarxyb2PE&ab_channel=LordHuronVEVO
02/25/2021 08:21 AM
Helicopter
by Deerhunter

Deerhunter front man Bradford Cox has cited American novelist Dennis Cooper as an important lyrical influence. Cox explained to Q magazine November 2010 what draws him to Dennis Cooper's work: "When my dad heard Helicopter and I told him about the story that inspired it, he said it kept him up at night. I think most people can relate to the hopelessness of that song. Dennis Cooper's writings tend to haunt you most not when they are shocking or intense but when they have these moments of pastoral sadness that just radiate.
02/25/2021 08:16 AM

Death Cab originally shared the Georgia E.P. via Bandcamp for a 24-hour period on December 24, with proceeds going towards the Georgia-based voters’ rights organization Fair Fight. The EP contains covers of Georgia artists TLC (‘Waterfalls’), Neutral Milk Hotel (‘The King of Carrot Flowers, Pt. 1’), R.E.M. (‘Fall On Me’), Vic Chesnutt (‘Flirted With You All My Life’) and Cat Power (‘Metal Heart’).
02/25/2021 08:12 AM

At the Cut is a 2009 album by Vic Chesnutt. It was his penultimate album release before his death on December 25, 2009, from an overdose of muscle relaxants. The song "Flirted with You All My Life" alludes to Chesnutt's own attitude toward suicide, including his previous attempts to take his own life. Here you can find resources and help if you need it. You are not alone. https://www.kexp.org/musicheals/mental-health/resources/#:~:text=National%20Suicide%20Prevention%20Lifeline%20at,professional%20to%20hear%20your%20needs.
02/25/2021 08:08 AM
Flirted With You All My Life
by Bright Eyes

This cover of Vic Chesnutt’s “Flirted With You All My Life” was originally the B-side to the 7" “Persona Non Grata” but hasn’t been officially available online until now. “I had the pleasure of seeing Vic perform many times over the years and from a young age,” Conor Oberst said in a statement. “I can truly say he deeply changed my worldview and what it meant to write a really unique and thought provoking song. One of the greatest ever. Always missed. Here is our humble version of one of his best.”
02/25/2021 08:02 AM
My Sweet Lord
by George Harrison

Today is George Harrison's birthday! He would have been 78 today.