02/19/2021 07:58 PM
DJ: Michele Myers
Dress (John B High Fashion remix)
by PJ Harvey

It's 8pm so this track dedicated to our Healthcare Heroes and Essential Workers. Thank you all so much!! PJ Harvey reminds me of my trip to England. London though, belonged to the Stone Roses. Send your Music Memory stories tonight to dj@kexp.org or 206-903-5397. Or post them to Instagram and Twitter. @djmichelemyers
02/19/2021 07:56 PM
DJ: Michele Myers

Send your Music Memory stories tonight to dj@kexp.org or 206-903-5397. Or post them to Instagram and Twitter. @djmichelemyers This song always reminds me of being stuck on the Bay Bridge -leaving San Francisco to get to Berkeley. Blasting this song from Jimi!
02/19/2021 07:53 PM
Get Down Tonight
by K.C. & The Sunshine Band

Multiple requests for this band, reminding listeners of good times dancing with friends!
02/19/2021 07:49 PM
Here Comes Your Man
by Pixies

This Music Memory for a former boyfriend Michael, who held on to a daisy through much moshing to give it to me if he saw me at the concert. It was destroyed but such a stellar gift! Pixies always reminds me of college boyfriend Michael!
02/19/2021 07:42 PM
Eye Know
by De La Soul

We're sharing Music Memories tonight. Have one to share? Please send to dj@kexp.org, text 206-903-5397 or interact on Twitter and Instagram. @djmichelemyers This band always reminds me of driving through the streets at my alma mater U.C. Berkeley with my friends.
02/19/2021 07:39 PM
Little Drop of Poison
by Tom Waits

A note from listener Leo: "Always a Tom Waits fan. Always. Would arrive from trips to find your show. You share the Tom affection. Thank you. Found last minute tickets to see Tom Waits at Royal Carre Theatre, national symphony hall. And, yes, in the Queens Box. Super wow."
02/19/2021 07:36 PM
DJ: Michele Myers

So many memories of Sharon Jones! I met her a few times, saw her live a handful and she never disappointed. This song in particular reminds me of being a morning DJ on WNYE in New York City when KEXP used to broadcast on that signal in NYC!
02/19/2021 07:33 PM
Heart of Gold
by Charles Bradley

Listener Holly writes: "Neil Young Heart of Gold takes me back to freshman year of college, 1971-72 in sunny LA." This cover by soul legend Charles Bradley!
02/19/2021 07:30 PM
Sweet Dreams are Made of This
by Eurythmics

Listener Lars sent to dj@kexp.org. "My memory from the 80s - Sweet Dreams by eurythmics - sounded so different, yet super cool!"
02/19/2021 07:26 PM
I Can See Clearly Now
by Jimmy Cliff

Local musician Bill send in a memory of how Jimmy Cliff's performance and musical skills inspired him to make music his life. This is a cover of the famous Johnny Nash hit from 1972: https://www.stereogum.com/2035435/the-number-ones-johnny-nashs-i-can-see-clearly-now/franchises/columns/the-number-ones/
02/19/2021 07:20 PM
Corazon
by Titan

This song forever reminds me of Amsterdam. It was playing in the taxi and there were hundreds of bikes surrounding the car as this song played. I asked the driver if he had ever hit a bicycle with the taxi. He said, "This week, two!" Yikes. Have a music memory to share tonight? Send to dj@kexp.org or 206-903-5397. One of the many talented Mexican bands on the incredible soundtrack to the movie "Amores Perros." http://www.allmusic.com/artist/titan-mn0001282172
02/19/2021 07:16 PM
The Blood
by The Cure

This record from The Cure always reminds me of sneaking into clubs to dance (and other things) in the 80s. This band's work has held up over time! Have a memory to share tonight? Send it in to dj@kexp.org.
02/19/2021 07:12 PM
September
by Earth Wind & Fire

Anonymous Listener wrote in that one of their children was conceived to this song. Wait, what? Send your Music Memory stories tonight to dj@kexp.org or 206-903-5397. Or post them to Instagram and Twitter. @djmichelemyers
02/19/2021 07:05 PM
I'm Every Woman/RESPECT
by Aretha Franklin

Aretha Franklin inspired me to be a DJ, when I found a stack of records left behind by my dad. I was 10 when I found her! Love you, Aretha. There's a new movie about her life coming out soon starring Jennifer Hudson. https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/movies/ct-ent-jennifer-hudson-aretha-franklin-movie-delayed-20201028-2pltuqub4bgqnjzkx2qct2snhq-story.html
02/19/2021 07:02 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole

Hello! We're sharing your (and my) Music Memories tonight, along with a bunch of top-notch dance-worthy tracks! Have a memory connected to a song or artist to share? Email dj@kexp.org, text 206-903-5397 or interact on Twitter and Instagram. @djmichelemyers