01/27/2021 08:55 AM

Happy 265th birthday to Johannes Chrysostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart! He was born on this day in 1756. -- Matt: "BUMP THAT S***!" - Rick in LA: Ah... Real hair music -- Peter: Wow! Unexpected Mozart! Closed my eyes for that one and went somewhere else. Thank you for that moment
01/27/2021 08:51 AM
Reunion
by M83

Off the sixth full-length album from the French music artist. https://ilovem83.com/
01/27/2021 08:47 AM
Questions
by Middle Kids

Australia's Middle Kids second album `Today We’re The Greatest’, is due out March 19th. Remember that time they were live on KEXP...remember...THAT WAS AWESOME. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-fot3xdKCY
01/27/2021 08:43 AM
High Tide
by Lemolo

Yo John! Happy New Year! Day 7! This High Tide track by Lemolo is probably one on my favorite songs of all time. Bless you KEXP -Neil ====== Three songs from Seattle artist Lemolo's album Swansea are in the new Netflix series Fate The Winx. It’s the #1 show on Netflix right now! Lemolo was LIVE on KEXP in September of 2019. You can watch the full performance here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68xJesGhlfI
01/27/2021 08:39 AM
Sweet Jane
by Cowboy Junkies

Happy birthday to Margo Timmins! Born January 27, 1961, the lead vocalist of the Canadian band Cowboy Junkies turns 60 today.
01/27/2021 08:36 AM
From the Streets
by Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio

Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio will be LIVE on the Lawn In The Morning this Friday, Jan 29!
01/27/2021 08:33 AM
Over You
by Aaron Frazer

“Over You” is the lead single off of Aaron Frazer’s debut album, 'Introducing... ' produced by the Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach. Frazer is also the co-lead singer and and drummer of Durand Jones and the Indications. http://aaronfrazermusic.com/
01/27/2021 08:29 AM
I Was a Lover
by TV on the Radio

Good morning John! Can you play anything by TV On the Radio? Thank you -Terresa
01/27/2021 08:25 AM
Wake Me When It's Over
by Longwave

Wake me when its over - Longwave If u could fit it in
01/27/2021 08:22 AM
You're Not Always On My Mind
by Quivers

It’s minus a thousand here. And on days like this I imagine what it would be like to live in Australia where I would head out for a noon swim in the warm ocean. Instead of shoveling the walk in long underwear. And in this dream Quivers would be playing some tunes on the patio. It’s a nice dream. You’re not always on my mind -Shayne in Calgary
01/27/2021 08:18 AM
Games Without Frontiers
by Peter Gabriel

Kate Bush sang backup - that's her singing "Jeux Sans Fronteires," which is French for "Games Without Frontiers." This song is about the childish antics of adults. - https://bit.ly/3sV7GGq
01/27/2021 08:14 AM

Good morning! I was hoping you could play a request for an 8 year old named Alsea (al-c) Hazel Petersen in Portland Oregon. She’s been fed a steady diet of kexp from her dad, usually with a smile. I’ve sung a bedtime song to her for years and I was hoping you could play luckiest guy on the lower east side. I try to request it for her every year. She lives to hear it on the air, rather than from her dad’s scratchy old voice. Many thanks to all of you. John, you have gotten me through some rough times. All best- Andy P
01/27/2021 08:06 AM
Everybody Knows
by Leonard Cohen

"Everybody Knows" is a song written by Canadian singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen and collaborator Sharon Robinson. It has often been covered and used in soundtracks.
01/27/2021 08:03 AM
I Can't Forget
by Pixies

PIxies covered the late, great Leonard Cohen in 1991 with the track, "I Can't Forget". The track originally appears on Cohen's 1988 release, "I'm Your Man".
01/27/2021 08:00 AM
Cactus
by David Bowie

Bowie doing this cover of the Pixies song that appears on their 1988 album 'Surfer Rosa.'