01/14/2021 09:56 AM

This has been The Morning Show! Thank you for tuning in, and take care of yourselves out there. Cheryl is up next to take you through The Midday Show!
01/14/2021 09:51 AM
Raconte-Moi Une Histoire
by M83

This title translates from French to "Tell Me A Story," but here at KEXP we all know it as "The Frog Song"
01/14/2021 09:49 AM
I Don't Wanna Grow Up
by Tom Waits

By request!
01/14/2021 09:45 AM
Chan Chan
by Buena Vista Social Club

"I didn't compose Chan Chan, I dreamt it. I dream of music. I sometimes wake up with a melody in my head, I hear the instruments, all very clear. I look over the balcony and I see nobody, but I hear it as if it was played on the street. I don't know what it can be. One day I woke up hearing those four sensitive notes, I gave them a lyric inspired by a children's tale from my childhood, Juanica y Chan Chan, and you see, now it's sung everywhere." This full interview with Compay Segundo here: https://bit.ly/38H2xJV
01/14/2021 09:42 AM
Deeper Shade of Soul
by Ray Barretto

The 1968 song from influential percussionist, Ray Barretto that would later be covered by Urban Dance Squad
01/14/2021 09:38 AM
Deeper Shade Of Soul
by Urban Dance Squad

The first single released from the Dutch band, which charted for 18 weeks in 1991
01/14/2021 09:36 AM
The Duke
by Menahan Street Band

Watch for this new album from Brooklyn based soul band Menahan Street Band to drop on February 26th here: https://daptone.bigcartel.com/product/menahan-street-band-the-exciting-sounds-of-the-menahan-street-band-lp
01/14/2021 09:32 AM
Death Or Glory
by The Clash

Birthday request for Tad!
01/14/2021 09:27 AM
For Whom The Bell Tolls
by Metallica

Metallica's James Hetfield recently paid tribute to Megaforce Records co-founder Marsha Zazula, who passed away recently at the age of 68. “Marsha Z is the Metal Matriarch of the East Coast. She was our mother when I had none,” he said in a statement. “She made great sacrifices for Metallica to grow. Thank you, Marsha. Love and positive energy to the Zazula family.”
01/14/2021 09:23 AM
Jesus Built My Hotrod
by Ministry

Armando writes us this morning: "It is my birthday today. 57. Some years ago I requested Jesus Built My Hot Rod by Ministry. I think I may have cause a bit of controversy over that track. Well, I request it today. And I salute my fellow rns, docs and all other workers fighting a real conflict and making the hardest choices. Stay safe everbody. RN. 21 years. Thanks!"
01/14/2021 09:15 AM
losing my edge
by LCD Soundsystem

Happy Birthday to KEXP volunteer Chelsea!
01/14/2021 09:10 AM
The Cutter
by Echo & the Bunnymen

Single from Echo & The Bunnymen that was released on this day in 1983!
01/14/2021 09:07 AM

On this day in 1977, David Bowie released 'Low,' his eleventh studio album! Speaking of Sound & Vision, keep up with recent episodes here: https://kexp.org/shows/sound-vision/
01/14/2021 09:03 AM
Call Your Mom
by Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio

Seattle group The Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio will be live for a Lawn in the Morning session on Friday January 29th at 9:30AM PT! Watch for all the upcoming LITM shows here: https://www.kexp.org/events/
01/14/2021 09:01 AM

Happy 49th anniversary to this self-titled solo album from Paul Simon, released on this day in 1972