12/03/2020 05:57 AM
DJ: Gabriel Teodros
I'm Blue
by Kimmortal

For Sam and the cheese maker ladies in NC! "Hi Gabriel. thank u for always beeing here for us early in the cheesemaking mornings❤️you have really changed our lives. i struggle with rembering that "i am enough " and when kimmortal tells me/us that we are enough it feels so good."
12/03/2020 05:50 AM
DJ: Gabriel Teodros
Love's In Need Of Love Today
by Stevie Wonder

Listener Amy inspires us: "It never occurred to me until recently that maybe there wasn't something wrong with me, maybe it was the system. So many of us struggle and are set up to fight against forces that keep us down. I struggle with student debt and the fact that trying to better myself resulted in delaying my life as I imagined. But it has also taught me how to fight and continue on. It taught me what struggle can look like, and that life keeps going no matter what. KEXP is my daily dose of medicine and hope. Don't lose hope. Don't give up. We are in this together."
12/03/2020 05:41 AM
DJ: Gabriel Teodros

Sharing healing music with Elizabeth in Burien! "First off thank you for being here. A song that really means a lot to me and that brings me back to a good place is Earth Wind and Fire's 'That's the way of the world' when my family lived in Hawaii it was the best times of our lives . A family of 5 now has become a family of two.. my father and I .. my other family is still alive... there is just incredible strain and sadness that has been driven between us. I wish that we could all sort out our differences and be in each other's lives but this is the way of the world. Thank you so much"
12/03/2020 05:38 AM
DJ: Gabriel Teodros
Three Little Birds
by Bob Marley & The Wailers

Sending positive vibes across the county! - to Jamie listening in NC! "I always like 'Three Little Birds' by Bob Marley. Thanks for the positive vibes always."
12/03/2020 05:34 AM
DJ: Gabriel Teodros
The Chain
by Brandi Carlile

For Claire in Los Angeles! "Jumped out of bed at 5 to listen. Feeling the love and support. If you wanna play Brandi Carlisle’s cover of The Chain - that’s the song that helped me recently when John played it a couple of weeks ago. With love & gratitude . . ." We are all in this together!
12/03/2020 05:31 AM
DJ: Gabriel Teodros
That Feel
by Tom Waits

Erin W. shares: "This year started out with not much going for it. . . Of course, I listened to the station most of the day, and that helped a lot, except it doesn't help in getting out of the apartment, or even bed (sigh). My phone doesn't do pods, so Charlese is wrong about that benefit (but I'm a hard case). That was supposed to be funny. In any case, as I'm struggling to GET OUT, the novel C-Virus hits. And that was just the start of the year from hell. I will say that there has been a lot of meaningful music this year, representing honest responses to the layers of disorder and sorrow and rage that has been 2020. Also, particular DJs helped my mind to be out in the world, even if I wasn't. I'm sure it was also the "you are not alone" theme, which works both ways: that there are others suffering out there being the most important to me personally. And the Music helped a great deal. That's my story. So, I get to request a song from an "underappreciated artist": Tom Waits!
12/03/2020 05:25 AM
DJ: Gabriel Teodros
Here Comes the Sun
by The Beatles

A ray of sunshine from Alison Bishop in Seattle: "For Alison and Liam. They are reminders of that time and that living with anxiety and depression is something that is always there, but we can find the sun that each new day brings. . . I have suffered with depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember. . .My oldest is now an 11-year-old who has also been diagnosed with anxiety and depression. We struggle, especially as the days get darker, to let him know that it will get better and that he just needs to hold on, but there isn't a day I don't think back to how my depression when he was a baby almost swallowed us both whole. (and maybe there's some guilt in there that I somehow am the reason he struggles with anxiety and depression). 'Here Comes the Sun' by the Beatles was a song I sang to him every day when he was little. It helped me remember that the sun would always come out again."
12/03/2020 05:21 AM
DJ: Gabriel Teodros
Metal Heart
by Cat Power

In a tough place 12 years ago, Terrilyn stood under the Aurora Bridge while out on a run: "I knew that people had jumped from there, ending it all, and I felt an understanding, I felt I understand that sometimes, you just want the pain to stop. Cat Power's Metal Heart was filling my ears and my heart. I felt the tears burst forth and I was there sobbing heavily and sat down on the bench and listened to Chan marshall tell me to not have a metal heart as it wasn't worth a thing. She was right, feel, feel all that I can, good or bad, because stealing myself is not an option if I really want to live. Yes, pain is a part of life sometimes, and the pain will subside. In that moment, I felt so much hurt for the people who did jump, who didn't want to hurt anymore and just wanted it all to stop. I cried and mourned for them, that they felt no support, I felt an understanding with them though, and my understanding of empathy was deepened."
12/03/2020 05:13 AM
DJ: Gabriel Teodros
Me Myself and I
by De La Soul

Still standing. An anonymous listener shares: "Something that helps me is De La Soul’s 'Me Myself and I'. This song makes me laugh and feel strong about being who I am. It has been a certified dumpster fire year for me. I was very sick this spring and summer, unexpectedly, and then my position as a scientist was attacked while I was sick. It has taken all of my skills to maintain my mental health. A lot of tears have fallen by myself, in isolation. Lots of hikes by myself, which has been kinda cool actually. Still standing. KEXP is a constant healing force in my life. I want to thank you and everyone in the community that listens and supports, I love all of you."
12/03/2020 05:08 AM
DJ: Gabriel Teodros
Free
by SAULT

Adriene in Seattle shares: "This song is so magical for me , it just reminds me that I can get through my day at work and feel okay and my life will be okay. . . Even though the lyrics are about something else there is a message in the reprise which says 'Free don't give up for no one Cos god's love is Free.' The song helps me not to get stuck in my head when I'm stressing out during this pandemic and the upcoming holiday."
12/03/2020 05:03 AM
DJ: Gabriel Teodros

Music heals! Jane O. shares: "I wanted to pass along a song I recently discovered that helps bring up my spirit when the weight of life feels like it's crushing me. It's "Like a Ship" from T.L. Pastor and the Youth for Christ Choir. It reminds me that we will make it through all this and how much stronger we'll all be on the other end."