11/03/2020 09:58 AM
DJ: Eva Walker
The Revolution Starts Now
by Steve Earle

Heart's Ann Wilson has just covered this classic Steve Earle song. She stated about the song: "'The Revolution Starts Now' came to me as a message about unity… a call to step up from the polarization and derision of this moment; to choose evolution of spirit over the poison of hatred and pride. To remember and feel that we are all connected… to think higher.": https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/hearts-ann-wilson-drops-lyric-video-for-her-cover-of-steve-earles-the-revolution-starts-now/
11/03/2020 09:57 AM
Save the Country
by The 5th Dimension

11/03/2020 09:52 AM
I'm Free (12" version)
by The Soup Dragons

This features Junior Reid, the Jamaican reggae/dance hall artist who replaced Michael Rose as lead vocalist with Black Uhuru.
11/03/2020 09:46 AM
Freedom 90
by George Michael

I’ve taken the last few days off of work to volunteer full-time for the Biden/Harris campaign. Enjoying the sets this morning as I volunteer today. Would you play “Freedom 90” by George Michael? Brian ------------------------ Turning on KEXP to hear George Michael singing Freedom has soothed my nerves slightly... thank you for that. ❤️ That, and I'm only going to watch the live Panda Cam until turning in the news at 4:00. Linda -- Dear John and all the KEXP DJs today, Thank you so much for the music I'm hearing on the Morning Show and for what I know I'll hear all day. You're keeping me together held by the strong web of our KEXP community and the music which represents my emotions. I live alone in a ... small SW Washington town...I plan to stay inside tomorrow regardless of the election outcome. I can never voice my opinion outside my tiny circle of ... friends. So tears may likely flow, but thank you for being there for me. I am not alone. Gayle
11/03/2020 09:40 AM

Linda: Saw the Rhythm Nation video the other day on MTV Classic (Grinning face). Seems like one of the many perfect election day songs. -- Ericka: You read my mind! I want to live in the Rhythm Nation!! ---------------- Janet Jackson likened the song's concept to the various groups formed among youth, asserting a common identity and bond, saying, "I thought it would be great if we could create our own nation. One that would have a positive message and that everyone would be free to join."
11/03/2020 09:37 AM
Kids In America
by Kim Wilde

"It sold so fast, the people in charge of the charts thought it was a scam."- https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jan/30/kim-wilde-how-we-made-kids-in-america
11/03/2020 09:35 AM
Right Here, Right Now
by Jesus Jones

John, killer mix of tunes as usual. Thanks for working to get out the vote. Rage has never sounded better. We got this thing. Please play Jesus Jones - Right Here, Right Now -Jeff -----------------------------------
11/03/2020 09:31 AM
You Are Not Alone
by Brandon Summers

Thanks so much for the light you shine in the world! I’m trying an experiment today to send out messages of love to people I care about. While we've never met, I wake with you many mornings and you are one of the few humans I’m willing to hear speak before coffee. You made the list. So, I’m sending love to you and asking you to continue your daily mission of sharing love with all of us who tune in. Sending out love to the universe because it feels like we just need a bit extra today. You are not alone! Feel the love! Michelle --------- This song inspired by The Morning Show isn't available anywhere yet, but you can support Brandon Summer's band The Helio Sequence here: https://theheliosequence.bandcamp.com
11/03/2020 09:27 AM
Waiting On A Friend
by The Rolling Stones

Paul in Alabama: "In line to vote. Mobile AL. KEXP is making the wait bearable ✌
11/03/2020 09:23 AM
The Waiting
by Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

This was released as the lead single from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers' fourth album, Hard Promises. At the time, Tom Petty was so popular his record label wanted to charge $1 more for the LP than the standard $8.98, but they backed down after he considered naming the album "$8.98"
11/03/2020 09:20 AM
I'VE BEEN EVERYWHERE
by Johnny Cash

Follow Johnny on his journeys! http://www.johnnycashhasbeeneverywhere.com/
11/03/2020 09:17 AM
America
by Simon & Garfunkel

How could you have possibly chosen better songs for today? I didn't know how badly I needed some Paul Simon in my life today but it's doing the trick! Thank you and here's to a more hopeful country! Leslie -- When NPR launched the American Anthem series they asked you to send stories about your personal anthems — the songs that have been the most uplifting in your own experience. One popular and poignant choice was Simon & Garfunkel's "America": Released in 1968, it's a road trip song that's about more than just traveling across the country. https://n.pr/35TyFHC
11/03/2020 09:13 AM

Hi John, this is the song that broke me at the beginning of the pandemic [at the sink, washing dishes, listening to your show a bit late that day on the archive], but today it's providing the flipside of brokenness -- it sounds hopeful. Fingers crossed for better days!! Lou -- Dave and Simon & Garfunkle are giving me all the calming vibes I need right now to help sooth the impeding doom I feel. Last night Eve of Destruction – Barry McGuire was my theme song. Don’t forget YOU are not alone … you tell us that, but you too are not alone! Thank you! Rachel -------- See this performance here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgxFn6O_aKM
11/03/2020 09:11 AM
Change
by Fishbone

not sure what vibe you'll go for today, and we'll be with you the whole time -- but i'm hearing "change" by fishbone and think it might be a good song for today. thanks -- david in flagstaff --------------------------------- We agree. It is good today.
11/03/2020 09:03 AM
Bring The Noise
by Public Enemy

This is a track from Public Enemy's second album It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, which group leader Chuck D described as "About how there's millions of motherf--kers stopping us from getting what we need to get." On "Bring The Noise" he takes shots at the group's critics and stands up for rap in general. In Rolling Stone magazine's Top 500 albums, he's quoted: "If they're calling my music 'noise,' if they're saying that I'm really getting out of character being a black person in America, then fine - I'm bringing more noise."