09/17/2020 08:59 AM
Pitch The Baby
by Cocteau Twins

Hope you are well. Cocteau Twins Heaven or Las Vegas turns 30 today. Want to play Pitch the Baby for me? Thanks for all you do. You bring joy to more people than you know. All the best, Edward who works for San Diego Opera
09/17/2020 08:55 AM
City Nights
by Alan Braufman

09/17/2020 08:50 AM
Law Years
by Ornette Coleman

Hi John! My niece Payton and I are enjoying your show and a dance off, which should count for her PE class today. Hugs from Oklahoma! -Courtney
09/17/2020 08:46 AM
Born 2 Luv
by Rudy Willingham

One year old today. Follow Rudy on Instragram. Trust us. He is an amazing visual artist. https://www.instagram.com/rudy_willingham/?hl=en -- Every time I hear Rudy Willingham I think of Henry dancing around your lawn with his stuffy audience in attendance. That morning has been one of my best memories of this (bleepity bleep) year! Hooray for the bright lights of Lawn in the morning and happy Henry and Rudy Willingham shining in this hazy world! Much love! -Megan
09/17/2020 08:43 AM
Music Makes Me High
by The Avalanches

Love that Avalanches track.
09/17/2020 08:39 AM
I Just Want to Dance
by SAULT

I've been digging SAULT thanks to KEXP and will never complain that you're playing more :) thanks!!! Happy to hear you on this morning John✌️
09/17/2020 08:32 AM
Slow Burn
by Kacey Musgraves

Request for an Imaginary Producer in Shoreline, who has dogs wrestling at his feet. -- Yessss! Loving the Kacey Musgraves this morning!! Lydia -- There's the goosebumps -Derek
09/17/2020 08:27 AM
Mad World
by Brandi Carlile

Ooh. Again with brandi...it's gorgeous, and I'm still weeping from yesterday. Sigh. -Jessica, (our favorite science teacher)
09/17/2020 08:22 AM
Goodbye
by The Sundays

this song just brings me back to the craziest hardest times of my life but a good reminder that growing up is awesome actually. times are super hard for so many right now, but there are some things we can be grateful for- and great music is a huge one. youre the best! liz from bellingham ;)
09/17/2020 08:17 AM
Money
by Widowspeak

For Alex, who writes: listening from brooklyn. love ya miss ya mean it!
09/17/2020 08:15 AM

Good morning John, after 3 days of smokey skies they have finally cleared in Ontario Canada! Hope you get some relief from the smoke soon. Could you play God and the Policeman from The Flaming Lips new album. Have a great day, Peter - thank-you for saving us with music John!! and thank-you for giving us SAULT!!!!!! unbelievable 3 albums and can't wait for fourth! -Trevor, PDX
09/17/2020 08:12 AM
Fearless
by SAULT

Play the whole album! Sending love & light!! Marisa Brooklyn, NYC -- Hi, I love this song! can't find it anywhere is it unreleased? Sparkle Motion: Comes out tomorrow Also, so good getting to tune in from austin, tx and listen. finally have some time to work and listen again as I have been virtually teaching my kiddos as well as working full-time as a single-mom. I hired a sitter and loving the space to listen again and work :) -Joey keep at it.
09/17/2020 08:05 AM
Strong
by SAULT

200 days ago I decided to do the right thing and check myself into inpatient therapy rather than leaving the planet and my family behind. Since getting a job right out of there that lets me listen to music while I work I have not felt alone since and I have your sincerity to thank for that. My heart goes out to everyone who has lost someone and everyone struggling. Never be afraid to ask for help, and never feel like you are alone. -Ian
09/17/2020 08:00 AM
Birthday
by The Sugarcubes

Good Morning! We have a birthday boy who is 8 today! Would you please play something fun for Soren this morning? Hope this enough notice- we have to start school at 8 so anytime before? Thank you!!! -Mary (Soren's mom and his dad Alex) and writing from Shoreline) -- What are the odds? Our son Søren turned 7 yesterday, just started school, and loves Björk. I told him you got his age wrong, so now he thinks you're playing the Sugarcubes just for him. Thanks John! You're on fire this morning and making day two of being laid off much happier. Thanks, Michele