09/09/2020 08:49 AM
Daughter (live at the Gorge)
by Pearl Jam

Today is my first day back to work (as a nurse)from maternity leave. My husband is in the midst of getting diagnosed with a pretty serious medical condition. I'm so anxious I could explode, but I can't because I have 3 little kids. Anyway, if it works in your show, I'd love to hear that live version of Pearl Jam "Daughter/it's Ok" that you play sometimes. -Lindsay -- God I miss live music...Sounds great!!!Love Eddie and you too John! Thanks. -Genna
09/09/2020 08:45 AM
Life On Mars?
by David Bowie

It’s dark and orange and raining ash down here in Oakland. And I know that a lot of people have it even worse right now with these fires. I’d love to hear Life on Mars for another day moving through this orange hellscape. No offense to Mars. Thanks! Spencer -- John We are trapped under a smoke filled jaundiced sky this morning here in the Bay Area. The world is a sickly yellow orange...maybe music will help! Doctor: what do prescribe ? Something uplifting! I leave it to your professionalism. As always- keep it up! Brian in Oakland
09/09/2020 08:43 AM
The Sun Is Burning
by Simon & Garfunkel

Hey John, Sticking with the apocalypse theme, can we do Simon and Garfunkel - The Sun is Burning? Such a happy sounding song save the lyrics, fitting for these times. KEXP always cheers me up and makes me feel like I’m not alone, keep it up
09/09/2020 08:40 AM
I Never Get Lonesome
by Arthur Russell

Hi, John! My name is Mario, I’m 21 years old and I’m from Brazil. KEXP helped me so much during these crazy times. There are moments in life when something happens and changes it forever. You changed my life. So, I would like to request a song that represents all my gratitude for you all. The song is I Never Get Lonesome by Arthur Russell, because I never get lonesome with KEXP. You are not alone. Never. Thanks for everything.
09/09/2020 08:35 AM
Bridge to Hawaii
by TacocaT

Morning John! Best pandemic name for the show is "Apocalypse in the Morning."
09/09/2020 08:32 AM

Wow! Haven’t heard Land of the Loops in so long. Thanks for the gift. Ed Milton, MA
09/09/2020 08:28 AM
Long in the Tooth
by The Budos Band

The Budos Band will celebrate the 15 years from the release of their debut album with a new album, Long In The Tooth, out October 9th! http://thebudos.com/
09/09/2020 08:25 AM

Good Morning Morning Team Thanks for keeping things real. Mad World got me all misty and verklempt. Wondering if you’d consider playing Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)? I may have either too many or not enough Doo’s. I’m not sure ☹ Chris an Art Teacher in Seattle
09/09/2020 08:22 AM
Cuz I Love You
by Lizzo

For Ben and his boys. -- Lizzo performed live in our studios in 2017! Here's the full performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vJwkaArEbQ
09/09/2020 08:17 AM
Hombre
by M.I.A.

For Peter in Westport, CT. who needed some M.I.A. as he has an MRI procedure.
09/09/2020 08:14 AM
Kiss
by Prince & the Revolution

Its a Prince Two-fer-Tuesday, Wednesday, for teachers everywhere, courtesy of Chelsey below.
09/09/2020 08:08 AM
When Doves Cry
by Prince & the Revolution

Hello all, It's my first day of school as a 1st year teacher and I'm nervous, excited, and praying my WiFi holds up. Can you play some Prince for me? I'd love a good dance party before my day begins. All the beat, Chelsey
09/09/2020 08:05 AM
Gouge Away
by Nation of Language

How about a song I can bang my head against the wall while screaming. I'm tired of having to tell students, who are grown ass adults, that they need to keep their mask on while they are in the library. I'm tired of them rolling their eyes at me. I'm tired of telling the same damn people everyday. Vent over. The sun is out and it's not too humid yet, so I will take a quick stroll around campus while listening to the KEXP app! Kim in Indianapolis -- https://nationoflanguage.bandcamp.com/
09/09/2020 08:02 AM
Levitate Me
by Pixies

Good morning, what fresh hell will today bring? All I know is....I've been tired. Come on pilgrim... -Derek