08/06/2020 04:55 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole
Red Right Hand
by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

"For my plucky 7yr old daughter, La Via. She loves this song and has epic taste in music." Thank you Amplifier Dex!
08/06/2020 04:45 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole
Sparkle
by Coma

This song is for Amplifier Swirly from Seattle! "I discovered Coma thanks to KEXP. I'm shocked I'm just hearing about this group now considering they have been on some Kompact labels." Thanks Swirly!
08/06/2020 04:40 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole
Quite Unusual
by Front 242

For Amplifier Mark from Seattle! "Front 242 is one of those under-appreciated angsty-bands that I love from my youth, and the line “the way the morning broke was quite unusual” just begs to be played on the Morning Show :)" Thanks Mark!!
08/06/2020 04:38 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole

For Kevin in Ballard! "For no other reason than it makes me smile and bump – can you play Grandmaster Flash – White Lines? Decades ago my HS basketball team used to warm up to this song and it got us going (we still lost anyway but it was fun)."
08/06/2020 04:27 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole

"Ever since my son Holden and I saw them play in the Gathering Space for Bumbershoot in 2018 they have been the seed for the Pandora station we play down the street at the Uptown Hophouse. And the first place I heard them was on KEXP!" Thanks Kirbie!
08/06/2020 04:22 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole
Rained On
by Frightened Rabbit

Amplifier Maddie, from Seattle, requested this song. A note from Maddie: "KEXP's celebration & remembrance of Scott Hutchinson's life is what made me become an amplifier! I think this is one of their most beautiful songs, but a lot of folks haven't heard it yet."
08/06/2020 04:17 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole
Wake Up
by Arcade Fire

Shoutout to Amplifier Melanie from Spokane! "My son was born in June 2004 - Arcade Fire's Funeral came out same year and was one of my most favorite albums in a while. (Of course I heard them first on KEXP!) He loves discovering new music as well and with his birthday coming up on the 12th, I wanted to honor him with a shout out and play him one of my favorite songs from his birth year." Thank you Melanie!
08/06/2020 04:07 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole
One More Year
by Tame Impala

This song is for Shappell from West Seattle! Shappell has been an Amplifier for over 5 years!!! Wow. Thank you for all of your love and support! A note from Shappell about this pick: "An appropriate song for all the canceled events and times in our lives."
08/06/2020 04:04 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole

Welcome to Drive Time! Today is Amplifier Love Day, and we'll be honoring our amazing supporters with an all requests show. This song was requested by Amplifiers Kim and Alex! Here's a note on their pick: "The past couple years have been a struggle for many Americans- between a tyrannical president, the needless deaths of People of Color by the police, a world wide pandemic that has needlessly claimed over 100,000 American lives, and an economy on the precipice of depression, it's easy to get overwhelmed and feel powerless. KEXP has been a constant reminder that we are not alone and we can enact change. Thank you. Also, I may or may not be obsessed with Kate Bush."