05/19/2020 02:57 PM
Raleigh Days
by Archers of Loaf

Archers of Loaf has released its first new song in over 20 years. They originally formed in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, in 1991. The group toured extensively and released four studio albums, one compilation, numerous singles and EPs, and a live album which was released after the band broke up in 1998. https://www.mergerecords.com/archers-of-loaf
05/19/2020 02:54 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole
So Many Reasons Your Hair Turns...
by Boat

BOAT is back with their first album in seven years. The new record Tread Lightly features an appearance from Chris Balew of Presidents of the United States of America,
05/19/2020 02:47 PM
Відчиняй
by alyona alyona

Alyona started writing rap music in the middle of the 2000s, with multiple attempts to reach a wider audience. Her initial stage name was Alyona Al.kaida. She released her debut album, Pushka («Пушка»), in 2019, followed by a mini-album the same year, V khati MA («В хаті МА»).
05/19/2020 02:43 PM
All In
by The Grouch & Eligh feat. Th...

Say G&E! is a studio album by American hip hop duo The Grouch & Eligh. It was released on Legendary Music in 2009.
05/19/2020 02:40 PM
might bang, might not
by Little Simz

British rapper Little Simz has released a new EP, Drop 6. Simz wrote and recorded by herself over the month of April while in quarantine. “I started working on an EP early April, with a plan to finish it by the end of the month. Around mid-April I got disheartened and started getting in my own way,” Simz wrote in a statement. “After serious procrastination I decided to stop being a cry baby and knuckle down on the EP. It started to feel good. I started to get really excited, wheeling myself up.” You can support her by purchasing music and merch here: https://littlesimz.bandcamp.com/
05/19/2020 02:36 PM
I Wanna Be Sedated
by Ramones

Teressa Hi Kevin - please please play I want to be sedated. Tomorrow I'm Having a minor but needed surgery at a really weird time. I know everything will be ok but oh man hearing that song would be perfect Love all of you! Thank you You are my sanity
05/19/2020 02:34 PM
Different Light
by Best Coast

Bethany says, “‘Always Tomorrow’ is the story of where I was and where I am now, as well as the struggles I am still learning to identify and figure out. Some days I wake up and I feel like I’m on top of the world and I forget about everything that’s ever bummed me out, and other days, it all comes flooding back”.
05/19/2020 02:31 PM
I Saw the Light
by Hank Williams III

"I Saw the Light" is a country gospel song written by Hank Williams. Williams was inspired to write the song while returning from a concert by a remark his mother made while they were arriving in Montgomery, Alabama. He recorded the song during his first session for MGM Records, and released in September 1948. Williams' version did not enjoy major success during its initial release, but eventually it became one of his most popular songs and the closing number for his live shows. It was soon covered by other acts, and has become a country gospel standard. In September 1946, Hank Williams auditioned for Nashville's Grand Ole Opry but was rejected. After the failure of his audition, Williams and his wife Audrey tried to interest the recently formed music publishing firm Acuff-Rose Music. Williams and his wife approached Fred Rose, who signed him to a six-song contract, and leveraged a deal with Sterling Records. In December 1946, Williams had his first recording session. The songs "Never Again" and "Honky Tonkin'" became successful, and earned Williams the attention of MGM Records. His first MGM session took place on April 21, 1947. The first song he recorded was "Move It on Over". The second was "I Saw the Light".
05/19/2020 02:28 PM
The Light (Part 2)
by Mason Jennings

Born in Hawaii, Jennings moved with his family to Pittsburgh at an early age. Jennings learned to play guitar at the age of 13, when he began writing songs. Jennings later dropped out of school and moved to Minneapolis to pursue his musical career. Use Your Voice is the fourth album by Mason Jennings. It was released in 2004 on Architect Records and Bar/None Records.
05/19/2020 02:24 PM
Times Like This
by Slim Dunlap

COVID-19 Afternoon Show Theme Song! A great song about looking inwards and assessing and understanding what truly matters. A list of COVID-19 resources and how you can support others can be found here: https://www.kexp.org/covid-19/ Say hi and let me know how you're doing at dj@kexp.org / 206-903-5397 / @djkevincole
05/19/2020 02:15 PM
Dreams
by Beck

Watch Beck perform this one live! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zhIO2YeBGo
05/19/2020 02:14 PM
Dream Cleaver
by Death Valley Girls

Death Valley Girls is a Los Angeles-based garage rock/psych-pop/proto-metal troupe whose self-described "California doom boogie," Manson Family/B-Movie theatrics, and occult-themed lyrics invoke names like the Cramps, Black Sabbath, and Bikini Kill. Emerging in 2013 and founded by drummer Patty Schemel (Hole), her six-string-wielding brother Larry Schemel, vocalist Bonnie Bloomgarden, and bass player Rachel Orosco, the band released their debut album, Street Venom, on cassette via Burger Records in 2014. Patty left the group shortly thereafter and was replaced by Laura Kelsey (the Flytraps). In 2016, the band released their sophomore studio long player, Glow in the Dark, again via Burger. The group moved to Suicide Squeeze Records for their third full-length effort, 2018's Darkness Rains. https://bit.ly/309C29f
05/19/2020 02:10 PM
Dreams Never End
by New Order

New Order song that was sung by Peter Hook before Bernard Sumner was officially dubbed vocalist for the new post-Joy Division band. Watch them performing this one in NYC in 1981 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXuRe0GkXyA
05/19/2020 02:03 PM
I Never Dream
by Against All Logic

Welcome to the Afternoon Show live from the Unknown Pleasuredome aka Kevin's basement of vinyl!!! Hope you're doing well and let me know what you want to hear at dj@kexp.org / 206-903-5397 / @djkevincole
05/19/2020 02:00 PM
DJ: Cheryl Waters
Pool Party
by Rudy Willingham

Sending this request out to 9-year-old Ty! This has been the Midday Show with Cheryl Waters!