05/18/2020 07:59 AM
Love Will Tear Us Apart
by Nouvelle Vague

Request from Aaron in Sacramento keeping with our Joy Division theme this morning on the 40th anniversary of Ian Curtis' death.
05/18/2020 07:54 AM
Ceremony
by Chromatics feat. Ida No

Chromatics cover of the Joy Division song that was released as New Order's debut single.
05/18/2020 07:50 AM
Sugar Hiccup
by Cocteau Twins

If you're new to the Cocteau Twins, here's a guide to getting into the Scottish group: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/evyz3e/cocteau-twins-music-guide
05/18/2020 07:46 AM
Oceans
by Tara

Fresh new shoegaze out of Brooklyn from TARA. Find their work here: https://taratheband.bandcamp.com/
05/18/2020 07:42 AM
Stop Pretending
by Deep Sea Diver

"We recorded this song, "Stop Pretending", as we were continuing to stay at home. The song was written using a collaboration exercise that we had given to our fans as an outlet to create and find connection in a time of duress & isolation (we called it the "Stay Home Stems" series) —and it ended up also working for us— this song was written, recorded, mixed and mastered in two days at our house, & this what we have to show for it. If often write apocalyptic songs as way to enter a new world that juxtaposes despair with hope.. I hope it can bring a little bit of light in a dark season. Sending all of our love to everyone during this time. We can't wait to be together again." - XO Jessica, Peter & Deep Sea Diver https://thedeepseadiver.bandcamp.com/track/stop-pretending
05/18/2020 07:38 AM
No Love Lost
by Joy Division

Originally found on Joy Division's EP 'An Ideal for Living,' and later on 'Substance,' their singles compilation album from 1988. We're paying tribute this morning to Ian Curtis, vocalist and songwriter for Joy Division, who passed away 40 years ago today.
05/18/2020 07:34 AM
Making Plans For Nigel
by XTC

Request for Joe in Philly!
05/18/2020 07:30 AM
Obstacle 1
by Interpol

Off the debut album from the NYC band that sometimes draws Joy Division comparisons. (Which they are quite tired of and don't agree with)
05/18/2020 07:26 AM
Ego
by Moaning

The highest high, the lowest low I wanna lose my ego It's easier to complain But there is beauty in the mundane Watch the video for "Ego" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR71h_zSUCw
05/18/2020 07:23 AM
Disorder
by Joy Division

Opening track off the debut album from Joy Divison, released in 1979. Ian Curtis, vocalist and songwriter for Joy Division, passed away on this date 40 years ago at the age of 23.
05/18/2020 07:15 AM
You Never Knew My Mind
by Chris Cornell

Request from Jake this morning on the third anniversary of the passing of Chris Cornell: "Can you please play the Chris Cornell cover of "You Never Knew My Mind" by Johnny Cash? This is one of my top, if not favorite, solo Chris Cornell songs. The vocals are so hauntingly beautiful." - In 1996, Johnny Cash recorded a cover of Soundgarden’s hit “Rusty Cage,” written by frontman Chris Cornell, on his Grammy-winning album ‘Unchained.’ Twenty years later, Cornell wrote the next chapter in this unique musical relationship by setting a newly discovered poem of Cash’s to music, to create the stunning all-new song “You Never Knew My Mind.” It was recorded at the historic Cash Cabin Studio in Hendersonville, TN, and marks one of Cornell’s final solo recordings.
05/18/2020 07:09 AM
Transmission
by Low

The Duluth, Minnesota band's take on the Joy Division song.
05/18/2020 07:05 AM
Tugboat
by Galaxie 500

Found on the debut album from the Boston band, released in 1988.
05/18/2020 07:01 AM
Ceremony
by Wussy

Joy Division/New Order song covered by the Cincinnati, Ohio band. Wussy bandmember John Erhardt passed away May 4th at the age 58. Cause of death has not been announced. - "It's sunny and 72 here in England and I've been slowly collapsing into myself for the past few days. I don't know why - maybe it's the isolation or a passing wave of stupid unattributed melancholy, but our of nowhere on this beautiful Monday afternoon I suddenly feel OK again. Because of this one cover of one of the best songs ever written that I happened to listen to when I might have been doing any number of other things to occupy my time. It's a beautiful version and heartfelt and listening to it I immediately feel better. I can't explain why. Maybe because I've finally felt something besides the days of the great nothing again. Thanks for that. Shadows have been pushed back into the corners." - Greg