05/08/2020 09:53 AM
Freedom 90
by George Michael

Well, this has been another edition of The Morning Show! Stay well friends, we hope you all have a healthy and safe weekend.
05/08/2020 09:48 AM
Dancing On My Own
by Robyn

"Could you please play "Dancing On My Own" by Robyn? We listen to KEXP every morning- ok pretty much all day- at our house. My students have commented on how much they love the music playing in the background while we work. I've directed them to not only listen to KEXP but specifically your show! Thanks for keeping things in perspective and our house happy and dancing! Much Love." - Sarah
05/08/2020 09:44 AM

Watch the full performance from when Brittany Howard stopped in to the KEXP studio in 2019 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3aOCIwtYbo
05/08/2020 09:40 AM
Higher Ground
by Stevie Wonder

Off the sixteenth album from Stevie Wonder. His friend and tour director, Ira Tucker, shared this story about the car accident that Stevie was in after the release of this album: "I remember when I got to the hospital in Winston-Salem. Man, I couldn't even recognize him. His head was swollen up about five times normal size. And nobody could get through to him. I knew that he likes to listen to music really loud and I thought maybe if I shouted in his ear it might reach him. The doctor told me to go ahead and try, it couldn't hurt him. The first time I didn't get any response, but the next day I went back and I got right down in his ear and sang "Higher Ground." His hand was resting on my arm and after a while his fingers started going in time with the song. I said yeah, yeah!! This dude is going to make it!"
05/08/2020 09:38 AM

Miss Jones take on the Stevie Wonder song from 1970
05/08/2020 09:34 AM
Corpus Calossum
by Polyrhythmics

Here's Polyrhythmics performing live at the KEXP studio in 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FoQqhNF87c
05/08/2020 09:30 AM
Eye Know
by De La Soul

Whistle sample from Otis Redding's "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" in this song from De La Soul's debut album
05/08/2020 09:26 AM
Mr. Wendal
by Arrested Development

Title for this album comes from how long it took for the group to get a record contract
05/08/2020 09:23 AM
Raspberry Beret
by Prince & the Revolution

"One of us is singing at the top of their lungs right now" - Owen, who is completely alone in the DJ booth right now.
05/08/2020 09:20 AM
Ooh LA LA
by Run the Jewels feat. DJ Pre...

"We shot this video only a few weeks before the pandemic hit with no clue as to what the future held. The fact that we got the chance to do it is damn near miraculous in hindsight..." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sff7Kc77QAY
05/08/2020 09:18 AM
Just Like Kids (Miau)
by Hinds

Madrid band's third album 'The Prettiest Curse' will be available on June 5th here: https://hinds.bandcamp.com/album/the-prettiest-curse
05/08/2020 09:13 AM
Désolé
by Gorillaz

Features guest vocals from Malian actress and singer-songwriter, Fatoumata Diawara
05/08/2020 09:08 AM

05/08/2020 09:00 AM
Rock Lobster
by The B-52's

"It's my husband Chris' birthday today and these weird times have been ripping at our seams more than we would have hoped. Would you please play Rock Lobster as a little reminder that somehow the good times are here today and the best are still to come?" - You got it Shelby, happy birthday Chris!