08/14/2019 04:59 AM
Pais Nublado
by Helado Negro

Playing Concerts at the Mural on Aug 23 with ARCHIE and NAVVI. Full line-up here: https://www.kexp.org/events/catm/
08/14/2019 04:53 AM
Japan
by Tycho featuring Saint Sinner

The track comes in two forms, the first features the addition of vocals from Hannah Cottrell (Saint Sinner) and the second is an instrumental piece, which features the vivid signature soundscapes present in the classic Tycho sound.
08/14/2019 04:49 AM
Moontalk
by Laurel Halo

The chorus of Moontalk is delivered in Japanese while Laurel says in English: “What if you walked, and on your walk, you breathed/And what if on your breath, you heard the moon talk”
08/14/2019 04:44 AM
Cue
by Yellow Magic Orchestra

BGM is the fourth studio album by Yellow Magic Orchestra, released on March 21, 1981. The title stands for "Background music". This album was produced by Haruomi Hosono. Recording started on January 15, 1981, in an effort to release the album by March 21, 1981. YMO was the first band to use the Roland TR-808 Rhythm Composer, one of the first programmable drum machines, as early as 1980.
08/14/2019 04:42 AM
N.E.O.
by Chai

They call the overriding concept of their band “Neo-Kawaii,” or “New Cute”—a phrase they coined to signal a move towards the embrace and celebration of human imperfection. The first song Chai ever wrote together, “Gyaranboo,” is about body hair; Yuki describes its theme as “I’m hairy, oh well.” But “Neo-Kawaii” is properly summarized on the single “N.E.O.” from Pink, which directly comments on oppressive beauty standards, offering a list of supposed imperfections that translate to “Small eyes/Flat nose/No shape/Fat legs!” Chai seek to reclaim them as perfect.
08/14/2019 04:37 AM
Buka Dansa
by Kokoko!

Saturday, Oct 12th at Barboza in Seattle!
08/14/2019 04:32 AM
It's Tricky
by Run-D.M.C.

Run-DMC was an American hip hop group from Hollis, Queens, New York, founded in 1981 by Joseph Simmons, Darryl McDaniels, and Jason Mizell
08/14/2019 04:29 AM
Jump Around
by House of Pain

Jump up, jump up and get down!
08/14/2019 04:26 AM
Rocket Fuel
by DJ Shadow feat. De La Soul

Here’s what Shadow has to say about “Rocket Fuel”: It’s been awhile since my last album The Mountain Will Fall, and the corresponding tour…and since the tour ended, I’ve been mostly silent. This is because I’ve been focused and working on a ton of music. I usually try to avoid hyperbole, and I’m not super-comfortable hyping up my own stuff, but things are about to get pretty exciting. My heroes De La Soul were kind enough to join me on the debut single, “Rocket Fuel,” and the collab encapsulates so much of what I love about hip-hop…energy, beats, and fun.
08/14/2019 04:22 AM
Evil's Sway
by Japandroids

Japandroids are a Canadian rock band from Vancouver, British Columbia, consisting of Brian King (guitar, vocals) and David Prowse (drums, vocals).
08/14/2019 04:17 AM
Entryism
by Versing

Playing CATM with Weyes Blood and Whitney Ballen this Friday!
08/14/2019 04:07 AM
The Cleaner
by Squid

Here’s what Squid have to say about it: “The Cleaner” is a lost acquaintance, one that we’ve spent the last year trying to get to know… tirelessly working and turning up whenever needed. We work for the money to spend our time doing other things. “The Cleaner” imagines the divided work and play structure and thinks about breaking from it.
08/14/2019 04:04 AM
I Dream Guillotine
by IDLES

Once again pulled from the sessions for the Bristol punk’s sophomore album, Joy as an Act of Resistance, “I Dream Guillotine” references the French Revolution as a mirror to the disenfranchisement of working-class Britain. Chugging guitars and bass propel frontman Joe Talbot anger as he growls, “My bastard visions of a/ Bastard city broken/ By a bastard wealthy jettison/ We’re not fine, we’re not fine, we’re not fine.”
08/14/2019 04:01 AM
It's My Life
by The Animals

"It's My Life" is a song written by Brill Building songwriters Roger Atkins and Carl D'Errico