05/23/2019 04:57 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole

Read the full interview oulining his experience with addiction and recovery here: https://www.kexp.org/read/2018/5/24/music-heals-macklemore-talks-about-struggles-addiction-and-starting-over/
05/23/2019 04:44 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole
Promised Land
by Joe Smooth

Share your story of addiction & recovery with us today. Email dj@kexp.org and remember you are loved, you are not alone.
05/23/2019 04:39 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole
Alive
by Empire of the Sun

Make sure you're here for the moments that make you feel 'Alive'. For a list of resources having to do with addiction and recovery visit www.kexp.org: https://www.kexp.org/musicheals/?t=1558654985185
05/23/2019 04:35 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole
Go Do
by Jonsi

Today is Music Heals: Addiction & Recovery. If you wouuld like to share your story on the road to recovery please feel free to email dj@kexp.org and let us know. Remember, you are not alone and you are loved.
05/23/2019 04:30 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole
Meo Suo I Eyrum
by Sigur Rós

"Recovery has been a trying but wonderful experience for me. We need balance in the physical, emotional and spiritual. To me music bridges the gap between emotional and spiritual enhancing our lives. It has such a way of connecting with people and is an art form that carries with it so much power. Thank you to all of the musicians out there and all of the people out there being honest and open about their recovery. People you will never meet hear you and are helped by you. People can and do recover and do live full and amazing lives that they never dreamed possible. I’ve always like relaxing and reflecting to some sigor ros. Any chance of hearing a track from them?" - Kyle
05/23/2019 04:21 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole

05/23/2019 04:18 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole
Prove It All Night
by Bruce Springsteen

If you have a story to share with us about addiction and recovery and the songs that have helped on that path email dj@kexp.org and let us know. You are not alone and you are loved.
05/23/2019 04:10 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole
Lord, I m Discouraged
by The Hold Steady

"I would like to request "Lord, I'm Discouraged" by The Hold Steady off of the Stay Positive album. Normally, I would include some personal story to give my request some context, but I don't think that's needed here. This song is a big 'Thank You' to all of those people who are always there to support someone, whether they are there every step of the way or are just waiting for someone to come home. Sometimes watching our friends and family suffer is harder than suffering ourselves"- Dan
05/23/2019 04:04 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole
So Far Away
by Social Distortion

"Thank you KEXP for today. As a parent struggling with the addiction/relapse/recovery of my adult son, the stories of hope, recovery and resilience are incredibly powerful. Most importantly the message that we are not alone in this illness, that help and resources are out there gives me strength. A year ago on this day of hope and healing I felt so lost and helpless. With the help of a great counselor I am stronger and more hopeful. There are huge tears in the fabric of our relationship, damage done to family members and trust is still difficult. Unconditional love is all I can offer him, he has to do the hard part. We both love Social D, how about playing So Far Away."- James
05/23/2019 04:00 PM
DJ: Kevin Cole
Hard To Kill
by Bleached

Sisters Jessica and Jennifer Clavin have announced their next album under the Bleached moniker, Don’t You Think I’ve Had Enough,” which will drop on July 12th. It’s the first album the duo will release since getting sober. In a statement, Jennifer said “Hard To Kill” is about “staring down the road towards death and realizing I needed to wake up and get out of my selfish patterns of self destruction.”